Saturday, January 12, 2013

THE WEEKLY REWIND at THE BOOKISH BABE, #36




THE WEEKLY REWIND is a weekly post in which I recap the bookish awesomeness from the past week, and post a book haul. Warning: I tend to ramble in my vlogs. Sometimes I get excited about things and I flail. Enjoy.

Book Haul

 

For Review:

Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)A Song for JuliaJust Breathe (Just Breathe, #3)


Bought:

All Over You (Devoured, #0.5)Crash (Crash, #1)Spying in High Heels (A High Heels Mystery, #1)Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)WallbangerThe Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2)From What I Remember...

Gifted:
  • Charade postcard from Nyrae Dawn
  • Swag from Nikki Jefford


Awesome People
 
Search Term Fun
  • "books similar to try me by olivia cunning" - Might I suggest the Sinners on Tour series?! Another great series is Ross Siblings by Cherrie Lynn.
  • "abbi glines just for now" - Here's my review. What a steamy read!
  • "the coincidence of callie & kayden" - Very good book, brutal ending. Here's my review.
  • Every single other search term was variations on my blog name. Yay! 
 
 
Blog Rewind
 
 
 In other news:

I received the sweetest email from a librarian in Russellville, AR. This is someone whom I'd never met who found my reviews via Amazon. She wanted to let me know that she found my reviews useful and they had helped her build a YA section for her county's library! I don't know about you guys, but that I found that to be the best compliment I had received since I started reviewing. The reason I'm sharing this is not to blow my own horn, but to remind you that your reviews matter. It doesn't matter if you get tons of comments, or none. If you're posting them on social sites like GoodReads or Amazon, someone somewhere is reading them. So keep up the good work!


Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment, and I'll come check out your blog. Have a great week!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I loved Flight and I am dying for the sequel, Focus! I've been wanting to read Under the Never Sky, Crash, Wallbanger, and From What I Remember... Very true that although we don't always hear from people, many are thankful for all the honest reviews. Glad your reviews helped get some great YA books in that library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet about that librarian! And you're right,it is a good reminder. Sometimes I'm shocked when I run into people at events or whatnot and they approach me to say they read my blog. Its nice to be reminded that we ARE helping people select books.
    From What I Remember is SO good! I want Through the Ever Night but because I'm trying to cut back on spending I will probably get it from the library.
    Loads of great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe I kinda restrained myself this week too! Yay for us! And you got Crash! I seriously love that book. Enjoy Jude Ryder and his yuummy-ness. I still need to read Under the Never Sky because I have heard such great things about it. And I do that all time time too! Get paperbacks of books I love hehe. That is an incredibly cool email to get! So awesome to know that you are helping spread awesome books in the world! Awesome vlog as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see some awesome books in your pile!! That is so amazing how your reviews make a difference! I mean they totally make a difference to me, I love how you turned me into a romance reader. You deserve the recognition!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Flight. I'm looking forward to reading Focus soon. A Song for Julia looks good. I got it too. That's really cool about the library! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the letter from the librarian. That must be a great feeling! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous email!! That's really awesome! SO I didn't get a chance to watch your vlog, but I will watch it later when the kiddo naps. I love watching them. Flight sounds really good. I want to get Wallbanger. After reading your review I feel like it's a must read book. I loved From What I Remember. It was so fun! It was like a YA version of The Hangover and they are trying to get to their graduation lol!! You just reminded me that I wanted to get a finished copy of that. Great haul babe! Enjoy and I hope your new kindle arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I loved Deadly Cool - I didn't know Halliday had an adult series. Will have to check it out!

    UTNS was one of my fave reads too, and the sequel is just as awesome. :D PERRY. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something about All Over You's cover reminds me of Easy! They all look so yummy. Enjoy.

    AND what a fabulous compliment on your reviews!! I agree they rock.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like that guy on All Over You is the guy from the cover of Easy, WANT! I really need to read Under The Never Sky, I have it on my ereader but never seem to go for it. Wonderful haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome about the librarian contacting you. Things like that make this whole thing worth while :-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that e-mail you received was so sweet, I think to know that your reviews are making a difference to somebody else in a huge way is such a great thing! I love the books you received this week Andrea! From What I Remember was one of my favourite books last year, it's such a fun road trip book, so I hope you enjoy it just as much! Also the couple on All Over You, they're from the cover of Easy too right? I thought I recognised them! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! I really want to start the Under the Never Sky series. Lots of great reviews for Through the Ever Night. I didn't get to watch your vlog yet, but will once my lil man goes to bed. :) Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had "From What I Remember" on my shelf for ages now. It sounds sooo fun. :) I CANNOT wait to see what you think of TtEN considering how much you loved UtNS!

    And yay, we're not doing this just to hear ourselves talk. People actually do read our reviews!!! :) Love that! I kinda said the same thing in my response to you about indies...word-of-mouth is a big part of it. And I trust the words that come out of your mouth a whole helluva lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh...so many amazing books this week! I actually got Flight for review too and I really enjoyed it, aside from a few things. It was really unique. I'm really looking forward to Through The Evernight and The WallBanger and Crash and Emily Snow's books. I have heard nothing but great things about them, so really excited to start them. Hope you enjoy all your books, Andrea! :D And thanks for stopping by!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  17. Restrained yourself? Oh Andrea... That's okay. You received some awesome books. Read on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many awesome books! I just read Under the Never Sky and really enjoyed it. I've had From What I Remember on my shelf for about a year now. I REALLY need to start it. Lol. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post